Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Birthday Girls

Cal and Court turned 5 on Sunday! They were so excited about their birthday this year and really wanted to have a birthday party. I haven't ever thrown them one -- so I agreed to it. The theme of the party was sweet shoppe and I had a lot of fun getting ready for it...
Every birthday we celebrate, I stress about the cake, so this year I decided to go the easy route and order a cake for them. That is definitely the way to go :)!
One thing I love to do is cupcakes- I found neon food coloring that matched perfectly with the party colors--I love it :). We played a couple candy games: pin the stick on the lollipop and pass the candy and each of them made their own candy necklaces... Since they are five, I let them play a couple games they wanted and "who can keep the balloon up in the air the longest" and freeze dance were also played. I believe the girls were all sugared out by the time the party was over and a few kids even passed on cake and ice cream since they had too much candy. I sent the kids home with giant pixie stix and a giant sucker with more candy in the goody bag. Hee hee hee :).
Sunday we celebrated their real birthday.
I put Cambry in charge of taking pictures of the girls while I ran to the church to have an interview and she took quite a few pics of the girls holding the present she made for them in front of their face and no other pictures!! I should've checked my camera instead of assuming she would take normal pictures... I'm glad they had a good weekend. Now Cambry is bugging me about her party...

5 comments:

Elise said...

5???

Those girls are SO cute!

I agree with you on the cake thing, I used to stress over a homemade cake too...remember? ;) Now I order one or just go to Costco, waaaay better.

LOVE your Disney pics...makes me want to go...bad!

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job! My girls had a BLAST! And thanks soooo much for the pixie stix and giant suckers! ;)

Elise said...

I KNEW I was going to get it when I posted that!!! How abaout we plan a special trip just to come and see you guys?? I would love to catch up and see your house!!

I am really in shock about Ashlynne, that is so sad, you will have to keep me updated...they still in WA? How old is she now??

Ginger said...

I love how bright the frosting is on the cakes and cupcakes. That probably dyed your tongues for days. That looked like a fun and sugarry birthday party.

Mary said...

Too cute! What a fun party! I wish I could have come...I loves me my sugar:)
Love their dresses and headbands!
Miss you guys!