Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter Treat

You'd think after last weeks sweets party I would be done eating sugar for a very long time. But after a week of having my kids on a sugar high, what's one more day?! So I decided to try this fun little treat I saw on the TV. They are Rice Krispie Treat Easter eggs...
We used extra large eggs as the molds because the regular size eggs looked way to small. The kids had a lot of fun making and shaking them and even Josh helped. He suggested next time if we were feeling ambitious we could have a few pots going that melted marshmallows and add food coloring to each pot to make the eggs all different--then put them in an Easter basket and deliver them. He also thought it would be fun to get a frosting pen and decorate them. I should've told him about these before Sunday so I could've gotten the extra supplies. Totally cute ideas! That husband of mine is one creative genius :). Very fun family activity and the best part was- everybody got along while we did it :)!

3 comments:

Downtown Browns said...

Very fun idea!!!! That would be so cute to deliver those to people! Cute Cute!!! Can't wait to see you!!:)

Mary said...

So cute, Amy! Love the creative ideas from Josh:)

Anonymous said...

See how creative you are!! :)