Sunday, October 30, 2011

Leaves Leaves and more leaves

Having trees in my yard is a first for me. I think they are super awesome for shade and beauty and summer and spring and winter. Unfortunately, Nobody prepared me for fall. When the leaves first started falling off the trees, I was very quick to get the rake and rake them up only to find that 15 minutes later more leaves would be on the ground. It was pretty aggravating. One day last week Josh decided to take the mower out and blow all the leaves into this huge bush pile we have. He was out there for a few hours making the yard look perfect. The next day we woke up to a sight I have never seen before. It was literally raining. leaves. I have never seen so many leaves before in my life! Callie and Courtney were so excited to play in the leaves. They were everywhere. Josh told them to make leaf angels. Now as you look at these pictures please don't judge my girls and their outfits of choice. (Or just one in particular). Polka dots match polka dots, right?! Or I just need to remember to not take pictures on those "outfit of choice" days :).
These pictures are from the trees in our side yard.
This is from one tree in the front yard. Can Fall be OvEr yet?!

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Lasher said...

It looks like the trees are just about bare. How fun was that?! I love you! Mom

Ginger said...

Holy Cow!! That is a lot of leaves. Sometimes I am happy that we live in an apartment because of all the maintenance you have to do with a home. It would be fun to jump in the leaves though.