Saturday, October 22, 2011

Vacation

We were able to take a week and head to Utah and Idaho a couple weeks ago. It was sort of spur of the moment- the kids had October 11 and 12 off of school so we just took them out the rest of the week so we could hang out with family. We had a great time. We haven't been to Utah in many years and being so close to the mountains was different! It was so beautiful though. We were able to visit Josh's brother and his family who live in the Salt Lake area. We haven't seen them in a few years so it was fun catching up. We did the whole Temple square touristy thing and even took a tour of the conference center. That place is amazing. I had been to temple square before but I don't think I have ever been on the temple grounds. We were amused by the greek couple who had clearly gotten married somewhere else but had come to the temple grounds to take pictures.
We got to spend a few days with my family in Idaho and were able to go to the temple. We also went to the pumpkin patch and took a hike up Heise (which was gorgeous- but had way too many bees for most of our liking). We were able to celebrate my nephew Jack's birthday early- who was born on Halloween. It was fun to hang out and visit and help my sister paint her basement. We got to visit with Josh's sister as well and pick lots of apples from the tree. We had a great time on our trip.
I can just eat this little one up. She is the cutest little thing and always into trouble. One of the days we were there it was maybe in the low 60s as the high and we look out the window into the backyard and she had taken off all her clothes- except her diaper and was playing in the water table soaking wet with the hose on. And no matter how much trouble she is in, she always has this smile on her face.
This picture was my fault :(. Her stem broke while she was holding it to show her mom- very proud of course. And then I started laughing. Mean Auntie!
Just imagine trying to hike with 15 kids 8 and under :). 5 of them are 4 :). We sure enjoyed seeing everyone again!

6 comments:

Joe said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun on your trip. It must get you excited for your trip to KY:)

Ginger said...

That is so fun. I am glad you guys had a spur of the moment trip. I always love the pictures of little kids at pumpkin patches.

Elder and Sister Lasher said...

I have been waiting for this post! We had such a wonderful, wonderful time!!!!! Thank you so much for coming!!!! I love you! Mom

Mary said...

Can't wait until we see you guys again!!

Elise said...

Spur of the moments trips are the best especially when cousins- temple square and pumpkin patches are involved!

Joe said...

How dare you leave me wondering with your comment on my blog:) Sometime I'll figure out how to do comments back and forth on blogs:) ...I'll stay tuned...What are you going to name the baby:)...hehehe