You guys will probably think I am a mean mom after reading this but I am okay with it. A couple weekends ago Josh and I went shopping to get the kids their easter baskets and junk to go in it. I looked at the prices and couldn't do it. I told Josh we should just wait until the day after Easter and stock the kids up with candy then. He, of course, was with me on that one. So we purchased the kids one easter bunny and bought them Tangled. Throughout the week of Easter whenever we would ask the kids what we celebrate Easter for they would quickly respond with "candy and chocolate bunnies". By the end of the week though they would add "Jesus" at the end of their sentence. (Thankfully). They were still very excited about candy though so I had to whip out our magic word "Sale". I told the kids that the candy wasn't going to be coming till the day after Easter cause that was when the sale was going to be :). The funny thing was they were totally okay with it. I don't think they were even expecting anything on Easter morning after I said that. They were pretty surprised to see the chocolate bunnies and very excited to see Tangled. I love that they know that word "sale" so well.
Other than the no easter baskets, I think we had a pretty good Easter. Before we bought this house the owners gave us their garbage bag full of plastic eggs. Saturday Josh and I hid the eggs for the kids and lost count after about 180-185. We left quite a few in the bag as well cause we were tired of hiding them.
Callie spilled her full bucket of eggs and Isaac thought he had hit the jackpot and started collecting them. Cal had a little break down and we thought it was funny so Josh made sure I documented it.
Besides, who needs an Easter basket when you have a gallon container? Court refused to use the bucket we gave her and wanted this instead.
Let me just say that I highly recommend having an egg hunt on an acre and a half with just 4 kids. It wiped them out good. The bonus part was the kids didn't even care that there was nothing in the eggs. They were just happy to see all the eggs they found.
See, they are perfectly happy. I must not be so mean after all :).
ps Just so you know, we did hit the sale and got the kids lots of candy.
Happy Easter (late)!
3 comments:
I love this! You're not a mean mom at all. You saved yourself a bunch of money. I went to the dollar store this year - I bought everything (and more than we needed) for our baskets for under 20 bucks! It was awesome.
Mallory is scared of Santa and the Easter Bunny anyways - she doesn't want them in her house. I don't even know why we have an easter bunny - we just need to focus on Christ anyways. Glad you guys had a great time.
That's my girl!! Way to save the money and focus on the true meaning of Easter! I love you! Dad
You're awesome! Cute Easter dresses!!
Post a Comment