I have this room in my basement that is pretty empty.
I have been racking my brain on what to do with it.
A few weeks ago I decided that I was going to turn it into a craft room/office. My kids love love love to draw, cut, color, craft, you name it and my main floor shows it with the mess they leave behind. I am very tired of cleaning up after them and that is when the idea came to me. I will have ALL crafty type things down there including playdoh.
I decided to have the kids paint a picture to go on the wall. I bought the canvas's on sale at Hobby Lobby. And with Paint and brushes my artwork cost $18- and I still have the leftover paint and brushes :).
I Love it. The kids had fun and I scored the best artwork a mother could ask for.
I am excited about this room. I have a picture of what I want it to look like in the end and hopefully soon it will be completed :).
4 comments:
What a great idea! I love the picture of Callie watching her older sister painting! Keep the pictures coming! I love you! Mom
Priceless art. :)
One of my very favorite bloggers just shared her crafty space. I love it...so organized, here's the link if you want to check it out. http://samanthaleelee.blogspot.com/2011/04/space-for-creative.html
but maybe what you have pictured in your head is totally different. Good Luck!!
You are so good to think of that. It will be nice to keep all their crafts confined into one room. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.
That is a fantastic idea! I love the pictures they painted. You will treasure those forever. Love your kids! Love you!
Post a Comment