I haven't really ever been a huge fan of Halloween, (except for the fact that my kids bring me home lots of candy!) Four kids is a major bonus in that aspect :). I don't think I have ever owned Halloween decorations. Anyway- since Josh is finally done with school and we finally have a paycheck, I was determined to hit the after Halloween sales this year to be able to decorate our new house. I warned Josh Sunday that we would be spending part of his day off bargain shopping. I am glad he was on board with me. My goal was to find some Halloween costumes on clearance that the kids could use as dress up clothes and also get some cute decorations. We started at Target and got there 45 min after it opened so there were already TONS of people with the same idea as me. We scored some really cute things plus 4 costumes but were a little disappointed with everything only being 50% off so after we were done there Josh suggested we walk over to TJ Maxx to check it out. The store opened at 9:30 and it was 9:32 so we were the first customers. Their Halloween decorations were marked around 80% off so we basically wiped them clean and filled 2 carts up and we had no one there fighting us. It was awesome!!! We ended up taking a few of the things we got at Target back and now have some super cute Halloween decorations to fill our house for under $50. I love a good bargain. And I am also a little excited for Halloween to come next year so I can decorate. (did I just say that?!)
I wasn't very good about getting my kids costumes this year. Cambry was the only one I got one for. She was Barbie Mariposa. This was her first year not being a princess. We graduated her to Barbie. ;) Isaac was the same thing he has been for the past 2 years. It's nice moving to a new place cause no one knows what you were the previous year. And the costume still fit. I got a little creative with Callie and Courtney. They put on these dress up tutus about an hour before we were heading to the Trunk or Treat and told me they wanted to wear them so I had them put on their little dance outfits and found their minnie mouse ears and they were "Minnie Mouse Princess Ballerinas". I finally have realized that no matter what your kids are wearing on Halloween, they still are going to get candy...
These pictures aren't in any order- To make it easier for me I am just going to tell you about our weekend. On Friday Callie, Courtney and I were able to go to Cambry's party at school and watch her parade around. We thought the whole school was going to parade together but when we went to Isaac's class he had already gone. Bummer. So I just took a picture of him in class. Cambry wanted to have a family halloween party Sunday so we made some fun treats (candy corn popcorn balls and eyeballs) and ate ourselves sick which doesn't work out well when you are supposed to go to friends for dinner...





Hope you all had a fun time!
3 comments:
How fun. I love a good deal as well. I went today to check out halloween stuff on sale and found out that all the good stuff was taken yesterday. =o) Should have been more on top of it. Oh well. Glad you got some good stuff.
Love all the costumes. I love reusing costumes as well. Mallory was a chicken when she was one, so Zach wore it this year. It was the cheapest costume I've ever purchased - 99 cents the day after halloween at old navy when I was still pregnant with Mallory. Love it!
Your two little girlies look so cute in their spur of the minute costumes. What a great idea to hit up the halloween sales. Maybe if we had something other than walmart around here I would have done the same.
What cute kids!! I am excited to see all of your cute decorations:) Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!
Post a Comment