Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Little Bit of Excitement

So Josh and I were watching American Idol last night and were very excited to find out who was going to be in the final. We are big Chris fans (or should I say I am a big Chris fan) and we have been hoping he would prove Simon wrong about Danny and Adam going into the finals. (My sister and I have been making the number of votes jump to record numbers :) ) Anyways on the song right before they announce who got kicked off we started smelling smoke pretty strong and started checking out the house but couldn't find anything. Then I looked out the front window and our neighbors across from us had there tree and bushes on fire. We quickly opened the door to see if anyone had seen it and got a bunch of ash and smoke in the face. The people that lived there didn't know what was going on but we could see them in there house. A couple other neighbors ran up to the front door (the fire was on both sides of the front door but that was the only way to let them know). Anyway the fire trucks got there right as they were announcing and it made it more of a dramatic announcement with the lights flashing right outside our window. Everything turned out okay and I was still able to do my victory dance to CHRIS MAKING IT TO THE FINALS!!! Go Chris!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Chris too!! I'm SO excited he made it through. I was kind of surprised that Danny got as far as he did. He's not that good. Can't wait for the final!

Sounds like lots of excitment in your neighborhood. Glad the house didn't catch fire.

Elise said...

I didn't get to see the show last night because I was painting until 10:30, so this is the first place I've seen the news. YEAH go Chris!!!!!! He is my favorite too. Not a hugh fan of Adam, he's too rock and roll for me.

Mary said...

Wow! I'm glad you didn't get burned up:)