-Here is a funny story to let everyone know what a good housewife I am-- Isaac was exploring the hotel room and says, "Hey mom there is a skateboard in here, I mean what is that thing you use in the water?" I told him a surfboard and he says "There is a surfboard in here!" I said, "no that is an ironing board." He says, "What's an ironing board? Do you use it in the water?" In his 4+ years of life I don't think he has seen me iron. It was pretty funny.
Palmyra:
The kids enjoyed the hike up to see the Moroni monument. It was fun having them all be "big" kids and not using strollers. The girls enjoyed the walk and tried to go up the steep parts without our help. We wouldn't let them since there were no fences or anything and if you fell, you fell far.
It was a pretty neat feeling to be right there where it all happened and to think that Moroni walked across our continent and buried the plates right there so they would be ready for Joseph Smith! It was also pretty incredible that the Smith's had 3 years of crop failures in Vermont so they had to move to Palmyra. It is a testimony builder that Heavenly Father definitely has a hand in everything!
This is the view from the Smith farm to the temple. The temple sits perfectly in that spot to overlook the Sacred Grove. I admit it would be prettier in the springtime with leaves on the trees but it is still amazing.
By the time we hit the sacred Grove everyone was beat. It looks like they are all sitting and thinking though. It was lots of walking but they were troopers! We had a hard time getting Callie and Courtney to leave because they couldn't get enough of the leaves.
Niagara Falls:
Children's Museum:
Isaac was determined to climb across the wall.
Cambry says her favorite part was the carousel. Can you tell?
The vacation wouldn't have been complete without Josh working on some teeth. They had a Berenstein Bear's exhibit and this was Dr. Bearson's office.
In adventureland they had a fairytale section and this is in the giant's house. We aren't into chess but the kids enjoyed carrying the pieces around.
The train ride was also a favorite amongst the kids. They ended up moving up to the engine part of the train for the ride and left Josh alone on the bench. It was pretty funny watching him ride around by himself.
They had a Mr. Potato Head room and this was the biggest Mr. Potato Head set I have ever seen. They had so many pieces for the kids to play with.
In the Sesame Street place the kids could sit and sing with the muppets while on TV. Callie and Courtney didn't know what was better, seeing themselves on TV or having Elmo next to them.
7 comments:
Wow! What a fun trip! I would love to visit all those church sites, maybe one day! I can't believe how cool the children's museum was! I thought the one here was good, but nothing compared to that!
Did you learn any history about early dentist work in the Palmyra area, you know, so Josh could earn extra credit?
Hi Amy,
Katy Williams here! I love blogland because you happen upon old friends! How have you guys been? We are all doing well these days here in Omaha. I have a blog as well. www.richardandkaty.blogspot.com.
You should check it out! It was fun to see your cute family, boy the twins have grown so much!!!!
Glad to see you are doing so well. Jealous you were in the Sacred Grove, how awesome is that! Keep in touch
Amy! That is soooo fun! I can't believe all the cool stuff you did. I am totally jealous. The girls are so grown up! Hey I am coming to Boston in April-I don't know how far away you are, but at least we will be on the same side of the country!
Sounds like a fun trip. Rachelle and I visted Palmyra and Niagra Falls when we moved back from Connecticut. We started the day in Maine and drove across New York and visted these places and still ended up making it about halfway through Ohio before stopping for the night. We would have loved to spend more time. Thinking back on it, it is amazing how much more you can get done and see without kids!
So Fun. The twins are huge!!! These pictures make me want to go on a family vacation!
Looks like a good time! How wonderful for you guys! Glad you got some time to get away.
I'm pretty sure it's only one kid in me. I hope and PRAY it's only one. I have no idea how you do it. =o)
Post a Comment