Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just some Random Thoughts...

I am excited to say that in 4 days we will have been on the east coast for 8 months! It has gone by pretty fast! We are enjoying the ride and the fun people we have met but are excited for the day Josh is done with this residency! Last night a couple girls from the ward and I went and tried a little French restaurant downtown. I have never been to a French restaurant and so everything was new to me. It was pretty yummy though. The best part about it though was that we were the only people in the restaurant the whole time we were there so we just sat and chatted for almost 2 hours. If there is one thing I learned from moving over to this end of the US it is this - life would be VERY hard to get through without friends!
Another thing I learned is that birthday parties are big out here and it seems that people try and one up the last party. I am a little concerned with Cambry's being the last of the school year cause we definitely won't be able to top some of these! Saturday she was invited to a princess tea party with dinner, dessert, tea (she was very good and told them she didn't drink tea), a magician and a million little girls. The whole party was catered by this one company so the parents just sat back and relaxed. She had a blast.
Oh yeah and Yea for warm weather! This week has been great-with today getting into the low 60s! We have been getting lots of fresh air! I love this time of year. It makes all the winter blues leave! Yea for sun! and yea for kids who like to get outside!

ps Josh figured out how to get the pictures on to the computer so here are a couple I found.


We love movie night! I love the "picnic" dinners in front of the movie. Such a stress free fun family night!


Callie and Courtney love "pay-doh". We got them this 24 pack and they grabbed as many as they could and started walking around with them. Play-doh usually only comes out if I need to get my workout in or something done because the mess after they are done just isn't worth it!


I put Isaac, Callie and Courtney in front of a show one day so I could get a shower in and when I went down to check on them I found this. NOT COOL! It wasn't more than a 10 min shower but of course once they fall asleep for no matter how long, nap time is ruined for the day! I tried to wake her up right away and the thing that got her was a cookie. No matter how deep her sleep is if cake or cookie is mentioned, she snaps out of it. It is pretty funny but after her not going back to sleep in the afternoon, I wish I would have just left her asleep!

3 comments:

Downtown Browns said...

They are adorable. I can't wait to see you guys in the summer. Almost less than a year till you guys are done. Hopefully you'll move really close to us. Friends are fun but family is way more fun!!!:) Love you

Mary said...

I'm jealous that it's getting warmer there already!
I'm glad you got a night out with the girls, you deserve it, honey!

Elise said...

I'm with you on the play-doh, it can keep them occupied for a long time and clean up is always fun ;)