Sunday, February 1, 2009

And I'm Back

For Christmas I got a video camera and it takes pictures as well so for the past month I have mostly been using that to take my pictures of the things going on and I haven't figured out how to put the pictures on to the computer yet so that is my excuse for not posting for a month. I did find some cute pictures from our other camera though. Cambry is my eyes for things going on and always tells me to run and get the camera because so and so is doing something cute or funny or whatever. It is very handy and I have caught some super cute things because of her. Anyway I was going to post something about Callie and Courtney because I have to admit that it is very fun to have twins.. when they are getting along and not whining, hitting, yelling, teasing, throwing tantrums, crying, pulling hair and calling each other meanie. I seriously don't know what Callie would do without Courtney. Courtney is the first word that comes out of her mouth when she wakes up and she is always concerned about where she is and what she is doing. The other day Courtney came up stairs to get me and as we were walking down the stairs she told me there was a mess and as I turned to go into the kitchen Callie was sprawled out on the floor and she looked up and said, "Corpey mess" and then continued to eat the spilled cereal on the ground. They have even started the twin talk. Courtney will say something and Callie will come running and then they will go play. The other night I got Courtney feeding Callie on video and she was calling Callie "honey" and when Callie wasn't paying attention would say "Ahhh" until Callie opened her mouth.
Anyway we got to do a few fun outings in between a month of sickness around here. We took the kids to a Bounce place and when you pay for the kids the parents play free. Josh and I had a blast but both ended up getting a big hole in our jeans from all our crawling and climbing. I guess the kids had fun too. We also got to go sledding for the first time this winter. On Martin Luther King day it snowed for the majority of the day and in our town home development there is a "park" in the middle with a good size hill for the kids and Cambry and Isaac had a blast going up and down on an inner tube. We definitely were not prepared though and didn't have boots or snow gloves or hats for them. Cambry wore her skecher slip ons (I definitely would not have let her out of the house if I had known she was wearing those to play in the snow but she was a trooper and wanted to play. I don't even think she complained until she got home and realized how cold she was. (I have pictures of the sledding and the bouncy place but they are on the video camera).

When Cambry is home and they have a snack everyone goes to the stairs to the "movie theater" to sit and eat their snack and watch their pretend show. It used to be just Cambry and Isaac but Callie and Courtney have recently joined in.
Here is the roller coaster car. This present has not let us down! It is the most played on toy to this day. I have a hard time getting the kids to go to the basement to play with their other toys. Someone is constantly on this car. They have started riding it around the kitchen and park it by the table so if they need something they get on it and ride over to the kitchen and then ride back


Callie and Courtney love bath time.

6 comments:

lacey said...

Hey Amy! So you are thinking about Gillette?! That is pretty crazy! Of course I like it because that's where I grew up and all my family is still there. But it is a pretty small town about 30-40 thousand. They do have a super wal-mart and a kmart, and a few other grocery stores. They have all the fast food places, not a whole lot of restaurants. There's an Apple Bee's, and some nice local places. They are building a new chruch building there, there are actually quite a few members, and a lot of younger couples. There school district is really good, Gillette has a lot of coal mines, so the city gets money from them, and a lot of that money goes towards the schools, so they have a lot of good extra programs. The sports teams are always good there, and academics are usually high. There are 2 Jr Highs and 1 High School. The closest mall is 2hours away, which is in Rapid City, SD. My oldest sister just moved back to be an OBGYN there. I think it would be a good place for a dentist, the money would be good and Josh would probably have a lot of patients. It just depends on if you would like to live in a small town or a bigger town. There are a lot of benefits to a smaller town. Sorry to make this so long, but hopefully this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions about it, anything thing in specific! Good luck with your decision.

Elder and Sister Lasher said...

I love reading your commentary! This will be a good journal if you can't write in another one! You have such precious, precious children!! I can't wait for our next visit!!!!I love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy. I love the pictures of the girls getting out of the bath. Such cute smiles. How adorable are they? Gosh. I remember when you were first pregnant with them. Where does the time go?

Mary said...

Yay you posted! Your kids are too cute. I love hearing their stories. Honestly, I love how much Courtney and Callie love eachother. That is so sweet! I've been meaning to call you so we can chat. I'm excited for you guys to come visit!

Rachelle said...

Amy, You guys have such a fun family! I love seeing and hearing what you are up to. I can't believe how grown up the twins are getting! They are all so adorable. Did you guys decide on a place to settle after Josh gets done with school? I read the 1st comment and am curious as to where Gillette is.

Chelsi said...

Hey Amy! How are you? It's been so long! Your family is just gorgeous! What cute little kidos :) It's so good to see that you're doing so well!

-Chelsi (Fairbanks) Greenwood