Saturday, December 13, 2008

Picture time

We attempted to take a family picture today for the Christmas cards and they did not turn out! I thought ahead though and took the kids pictures while Josh was at work, Thank Goodness, so we had that as a back up. Christmas season is so fun but very stressful as well! Anyway I was very proud of my picture taking abilities (I am definitely no photographer but I got the kids to laugh and smile semi normal) all by myself. I will give myself a pat on the back for all you gals out there. :) I thought the one I chose was pretty cute though. I will post a couple when I get the camera out of the car.
Last night was Girls Night Out and I had a good time. It was my first cookie swap and hopefully not my last. I'm telling you-all you have to do is make one kind of cookie and you then have a million different ones to bring home. Man-this holiday season is not looking good on the waistline but it sure has tasted good. The kids and I enjoyed trying the different kinds while Josh was at work so after we picked through all of them, he got the leftovers. Maybe it was a good thing the family picture didn't turn out today. j/k It is always nice to have that Girls night get together and have some adult conversation though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! You're smart for taking some ahead of time. Mallory was terrible during our photo session for Christmas cards. We got a few good ones, but I thought she would have been so much better since I always take pictures of her. yeah .. not so much. So I know how you feel.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why my comment got posted twice. Oh well .. if you want to read it twice, that's cool. =o)

Jolisa said...

Hi Amy! Sounds like you are doing great. Girls night out huh? How fun! I can't wait to see the pictures you took. I can't take a picture of the kids to save my life... Hope you guys are having a good holiday season.