Tuesday, November 25, 2008

All in a Day's Work

I am seriously amazed at how much trouble babies can get into. Sometimes I have the camera nearby to catch them red handed but most of the time I am just cleaning up after them. We'll start with one morning I was trying to get Cambry ready for school and Callie and Courtney were being super quiet and entertaining themselves nicely. Come to find out they got their shampoo bottle and were dumping it out. The carpet was hit but they were mainly interested in filling up diapers. Later as I was in the shower the little monkeys hands reached up and got ahold of Josh's contact solution and dumped it onto the floor...The picture below is of Cal and Court dumping out all of my plastic utensils and then throwing them all over the kitchen. This picture doesn't do justice. I have since moved all of the utensils to a higher location.

I was upstairs doing something when I hear Isaac yelling for me telling me the babies dumped out all the animal cookies on the floor. What he didn't understand is that he can't give the babies a whole jar full of animal cookies. He was just trying to help mommy. I think he understands now-hopefully.

Callie and Courtney absolutely LOVE climbing on to the table because they know it is a big no no. We started laying the chairs on to the ground but sometimes we forget after we are done eating and the babes take advantage of it. It is the worst when Cambry and Isaac still have their juice and milk cups on the table (or any other food item). The other day I watched Courtney pick up a chair after I layed it down. Yikes


One thing that I have yet to catch on camera is Courtney plugging in appliances and then turning them on. I have caught her with the hair dryer and the mixer. Scary I know. Callie has also started opening doors and closing doors and the smart builders decided to put locks on every door in the house so Callie locks herself in rooms quite frequently. Isaac got mad the other day when the girls tag teamed and started putting lotion all over his hair. They also like to "wash" their hair when they are not in the bath so their dry hair and hands are full of soap. They work great as a team and definitely feed off of each other. The balloons were a great distraction one day except for the fact that we only had 2 and I have 4 kids. Callie and Courtney also love sitting in the doll strollers and have ripped good size holes into the fabric Callies leg always gets stuck in it when she tries to get in. One of these days I hope to catch it on tape when they fall through the fabric. They keep me pretty busy but they are the cutest little things! They are so much fun and also the biggest stinkers. I have gotten Cambry and Isaac calling them stinkers now as well. (Maybe I call them that too much!)

6 comments:

The Robinson's said...

Some day we'll look back and laugh...Right?!!!

Mary said...

My goodness gracious! Those little ones are so adorable and so crazy!!!!! I don't know how you do it. You're amazing!

Elise said...

No wonder you are so skinny!!

I guess I shouldn't look for an end to the mischeviousness any time soon.

I love it when Brody "helps" Hudson it is so sweet.

Elise said...

Will you email me your address, it's christmas card time again. :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow .. it's a good thing they're cute. You sure do have your hands full. You will miss these days .. one day .. not today .. but one day you'll look back and wish they were small again.

Downtown Browns said...

Oh how I miss those girls. They are so cute and remind me so much of Co Co! By the way, he sure misses his auntie!