Monday, June 4, 2012

Cambry's Economics Project: Razzle Dazzle Ribbons

The Thursday before school got out, Cambry told me she had to do an economics project (basically they had to come up with their own business, make a poster and buy/make the items needed for the business). I had gone to Hobby Lobby earlier that day and bought a bunch of ribbon to make some hair bows for the girls and when Cambry saw it she wanted to have that be her business. We had 4 days to pull this off and thankfully my sister called and wanted to come visit that weekend so we put her to work. Cambry learned a lot with this project- the most important being it is Hard Work. I made her make some of the bows and her poster--her auntie and I had our own ideas but had to keep shutting ourselves up so we wouldn't take over the project. Don't worry we had a bag full of more ribbons :) We actually had a lot of fun working on this. The girls have a ton of new hair bows now as well. I think Ali and I sat for a couple days straight just making hair bows. The parents were invited to come to the Economics Fair and bring our preschoolers to go shopping at the businesses with the fake money the teachers provided. (Josh wasn't too excited about the whole idea of us spending real money on the business only to have fake money purchase the items but he came out with a bunch of candy so I think he was ok with it in the end). I was a nervous mom wondering if anyone would be interested in these hair bows so my sis and I decided to deck out our little ones to show off the hair bows that day. We even made the tutu's (couldn't have done it without Ali's help though!) They seriously looked adorable!! By the time we got to the school for the parents turn to shop though, Cambry only had 5 bows left. Her teacher was ranting and raving about how cute these hair bows were and would point out Cal, Court and Maddie to the other parents and teachers. (The next day she even told me she had a dream about the hair bows). They sold out a few minutes after we got there with more people asking if we had anymore-- I hope it made Cambry feel good :). My girls had so much fun going from business to business purchasing items. I would say Economics Project 1= Success! Thanks Ali for helping me :) and more about her visit later!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are all so dang cute!! Good Job Cambry (and Amy). I'm glad they worked out how you wanted them to. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

What a great school project! Love those hairbows! You'll have to show me how to make them.