Thursday, May 10, 2012

5 year olds

I have a 5 year old (or two) who have an obsession with scissors and drawing on things other than paper. I thought they were too big to do things I had taught them were definite no-nos but I guess I was wrong. A while back when we were in Idaho one of the twins decided she wanted to draw in the car but had no paper. Her solution?
Thankfully my sisters neighbor had some magic stuff that got it off... Come to find out, less than a week later the other twin decided it was her turn to do the same thing :(. I don't own that magic stuff so unfortunately her artwork is still there. Our next adventure was one night when I was having a hard time putting the girls to bed (supposedly its supposed to be the terrible 2s, 3s, 4s- but no one warned me about the fifth year) and I was already frustrated that they weren't listening and I saw this:
These are their black out curtains that are apart of the house (since we are renting). I was not a happy camper. The problem though is that neither of them have confessed. They both have denied up and down. (I'm thinking it was from the movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid when they say to "deny deny deny" no matter what). But then one day I decided I needed to lie down for a few minutes. Well those were some quiet moments in our house. After I got up Court comes in the room with a big pile of hair (thankfully not hers). It was from the My little ponies that were purchased a few days earlier at a garage sale. Callie decided to give them haircuts.
Court was okay with it cause she thought the hair was going to grow back... I think I might know who cut the curtains now. If only she would confess. I have to admit though that I love these little stinkers and they do have their good moments.
They have been playing really well together lately and "pinkie promise" continuously that they will be nice to each other.

4 comments:

Downtown Browns said...

AWWWWWW...... Fun!!!! This morning I am dealing with Landon. One thing to the next! He is a stinker; but I sure do love that stinker!!!!:) Your girls are adorable. From those pictures you posted of them, I can hardly believe that they would do anything wrong!!!:) The magic stuff is Goof Off. They sell it at Home
Depot. I just got some of it!!:)

Elder and Sister Lasher said...

I guess you'll just have to buy the house now! We love you!!!!!

Mary said...

So funny! Those girls are so cute! We miss you guys!

Mary said...

So funny! Those girls are so cute! We miss you guys!