Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Easter Week
The kids and I took a trip up to Idaho for a few days the week of Easter. It was my first road trip without Josh and thankfully it was a very easy drive :).
This picture shows what a dork my bro is but what a cutie my niece Emma is.
My sister Josie had a party for her 6 year old while we were there and she ended up doing a sweet shoppe party as well. Her sweet shoppe was A Lot bigger than my sweet shoppe. It turned out very cute.
We also learned a lot about the week before Christ's crucifixtion. I've never really thought about celebrating different events leading up to a big event so it was a good reminder for me. My sis in law Mary's parents gave my sisters an Easter book that talks about everything that happened the week before Easter and different ways to celebrate them. So they celebrated Palm Sunday, Passover and then Easter but the days in between those days were celebrated as well-one being something about gathering your sheep as a hen gathereth her chickens. (I am probably not a 100% on the accuracy of that) but I do remember them handing peeps out to all the cousins as they talked about gathering. :). We went to Mary's parents house for Passover and the kids learned about sacrificing and what the Passover was. They had the meal that was eaten then-- rack of lamb, and some bread made with no yeast (Matza maybe), and a few other things. The kids all listened very intently to Mary's dad explain things and were excited when they all got bubbles and were able to go play with them outside.
The next day was the day of service so my sis came up with serving my dad since he is always busy with his calling and his businesses and never gets a break. She had all the grandkids wash, then massage his feet and rub his head (his 2 favorite things in the world). It was cute seeing them all jump in and help. I'm pretty sure my dad was in Heaven.
My bro in law had a pizza night and made some yummy pizza. This was the Big Mac pizza and tasted just like one. It was super good! I may have eaten a little too much that night :)...
With 15 grandkids together all the time when I am there it sometimes gets a little crazy and loud. I'm thankful that they all enjoy watching TV so we could get a little peace and quiet at times :)...
We also did a big Easter Egg hunt at my sis Ali's house. The kids had a blast and enjoyed all their candy.
This is my dad and cute little niece Anna--my dad taught the grandkids how to pose for a picture. I am so grateful to him for that.
We had a lot of fun on our little trip and it has been fun getting together more often with everyone. I'm pretty sure we have seen everyone in my family at least once a month since we have moved here. Thanks again for a fun week :)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It was so much fun celebrating with you all! We miss you and love you and can't wait to see you again soon!
What a wonderful visit!!!!!!!!Thank you so much for coming!!! We love you!! Mom and Dad
I didn't know you went without Josh.. go you! :) I HATE driving.. so I never want to go anywhere without Alan. Looks like you had lots of fun!
Post a Comment