Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Daddy Kid Time

Now that our kids are older, Josh has started taking them out individually to have "alone" time with him. The first 2 outings were a success. He took Isaac to a BYU basketball game and now Isaac is a big fan.
The weekend before Valentine's Day he and Cambry got dressed up and headed off to the Daddy/daughter dance. She looked so beautiful and Josh even surprised her with her first corsage. If you know Cambry she is all about flowers, dressing fancy and dancing. This date was a hit. Josh said there were at least 75 other couples there. (I now know why they have a father/daughter dance- it's so the dads can get their groove on without their wives getting embarrassed.) Josh took video of the other dads so I was able to witness it for myself and I got a good laugh :). They got their picture taken, Cambry got her face painted, had all you could eat treats and Cambry even came home with one of the door prizes. Josh was even able to whip out his robot dance to the "Mr Roboto" song. (I'm hoping to see it posted on Facebook one of these days from the other dads who were shooting videos)
Cal was the next one to go out with daddy and they planned it for a few weeks. She was dead set on going to the movies and getting popcorn, candy and a soda. So this last weekend they headed out- a little ways into the movie, after her popcorn, candy and soda were gone, she told Josh that she didn't want to go to the movies anymore but wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese instead. Now some of you know my sweet little Cal's personality and if you don't she is S-T-U-B-B-O-R-N! She will keep at something until she either gets her way or will throw a pretty nasty tantrum. To make a long story short, Josh had to leave the movie at least a half hour early due to a Callie tantrum and called me to have me listen to it on their way home. Wow. Makes me wonder about my parenting skills...
These were taken post tantrum. I forgot to get one before she left (when she was happy to be going). Hopefully Court's date this weekend will be a positive experience :)...

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Lasher said...

That is such a wonderful tradition!! Way to go!! We love you! Mom and Dad

Mary said...

How adorable is Josh? The corsage?! Could possibly be the sweetest thing I have ever heard. I love it!
Seriously.love.Callie!!!