Thursday, September 15, 2011

Over the Hill?! I Think Yes :(

Some might say that I never thought that the "Over the Hill" day would come for me. But out of the blue I woke up yesterday to find out that I was no longer in my twenties. What the Heck?! Go figure it was a very cold, dreary, rainy day that didn't even reach 50 degrees. Maybe the weather was trying to tell me how my 30s are going to be. Whatever the case may be I can no longer be young and hip. That's all there is to it. I'm ooooooollllllllldd.

Josh and Cambry made me a yummy breakfast in bed with bacon, eggs, and cinnamon sugar toast. You can't beat that on a gloomy day. Then all the kids run into my room (like it was Christmas morning) to give me a hug and kiss and tell me Happy Birthday. You can't beat that either. Then I walk out of my room and find this waiting for me:

Josh stayed up till Midnight decorating for me. I definitely can't beat that. He is now the new "birthday decorator" for the family.

He gave me some lips that flash and that said "kiss me I'm 30" on them and told the kids whenever they flashed during the day they had to give me a kiss. Court caught on too quickly and when she would see flashing lights- her hands would instantly cover her lips and cheeks so they couldn't be kissed. Imagine the kids surprise when I wore those lips to their school to pick them up and had the lights flashing when they came out. (Yes- I know. But once you turn 30 you aren't young and hip anymore so it is okay to do silly things that may or may not embarrass yourself and the kids).

Since it was such a dreary day and the kids had early release we went home and had movie day and I made lots of popcorn and soda.

The other endodontist's wife that Josh works with got these beautiful flowers for me. Callie had been telling Josh for a few weeks that he needed to get me flowers for my birthday and when Josh brought these home she quickly said that they were from her. So sweet.

These are my presents from the kids. Court told Josh that he should get me a Jesus picture. She knows me so well. And Josh got me a vacation of my choice but if I don't choose in the next month then he will choose for me so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. We haven't been on a vacation in 9 1/2 years.

Some friends of ours took the kids Tuesday evening so we could go on a date and celebrate. And I got lots of birthday phone calls and some good conversations.

I guess I can be 30. After a day like that with the cutest family and husband ever I think I am going to enjoy my 30s.

Happy Birthday to me :)

3 comments:

Mary said...

YOU ARE NOT OLD! and you are totally hip:) And I love that you wore the lips to pick up your kids. And your husband is adorable...so glad he spoiled you. Love your kids....seriously love them. You guys are the greatest! I think you should go somewhere tropical:) And Bob and I will allow you guys to pay for us to go with you if you really want to. ;) Happy Birthday!!!

Ginger said...

You are so loved by your family. I am glad you got so spoiled. The decorations are so cute. Josh will definitely have to be the birthday decorator. Maybe he should help out on the Relief Society board. Haha.

Joe said...

Happy Late Birthday! Look what you have to show in your old age-4 beautiful kids, a husband who has a knack for decorating:) Just kidding about the old thing. I'm glad you had a good birthday. I read your post last night before I went to bed and then had a dream you guys came to visit us. I think it was prophetic:)