Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Isaac's Hymn Book

A couple Sundays ago Isaac brought a 70 page notebook that hadn't been written in yet to church. He had big plans for this notebook.
Right away he started writing. After a few minutes he turns to me (he was sitting by himself in the row in front of us) and asks me for some help.
I thought he was writing down all the titles of the hymns we would be singing that day so he would know which page to turn to. So I told him he had written the page number down wrong. He told me that he was writing out his own hymn book and after he had written down the first title he was done and wanted me to do the rest (he wanted a copy of the whole song on every page by the way). When I told him no and I was going to listen instead, he was NOT a happy camper. He really. really. really. wanted a hymn book of his own and thought this was the only way to get it.

After Josh got home from church that day I told him what had happened and Josh got out his old hymn book from his mission and gave it to him-


He was very excited about this hymn book and has been asking us to randomly sing songs- every day. He took it to church with him Sunday and of course had to have it during FHE last night. So cute. Now all we (Josh) have to do is teach him how to read music and sing on key. Unfortunately I think he got his musical expertise from me :).

4 comments:

Elder and Sister Lasher said...

Sounds like he got the Lasher singing genes. Sorry Josh! But how cute is that?! I love you! Mom

Elise said...

Cute story! I hope he keeps his enthusiasm. When I make Braidn sing out of the hymn book he acts like he is going to DIE.

Happy 30th B-day!!! Looks like you had a great day and your cute little family made it a very special day.

Mary said...

That's adorable! Love you, Isaac!

Downtown Browns said...

So funny story about Lasher musical talent... I sing to the kids all the time and one night when Jared's sister was in town, who has a beautiful voice by the way, was singing songs to Cody one night he said to her "No your singing it wrong" .... sorry cody, its actually mommy singing it wrong but thanks for sticking up for me!:) I'm glad Isaac loves music! I wish I had more musical talents!:) Glad we all married someone who has talents so they can teach our kids!!:)