What do you get when your refrigerator stops cooling and your air conditioner doesn't work?
VISITORS!!
A couple weeks ago my brother and his family drove out to visit for a week. Other than having to use coolers as our refrigerator and having our home be extremely humid and hot we had a great visit! They were all troopers through it. Apparently it never gets as humid as it did while they were here so they got lucky :).
We got to do a couple fun things but it was fun to hang out and get to know Mary and the kids better. Mary and I were able to take a trip to Hobby Lobby and we were able to fill 3 carts for the 2 of us down the 90% off aisle. Fun times.
One of the days we drove through Bear Country USA because we had a free pass (the only way I would ever go) and I was pleasantly surprised. Except for the bumper to bumper traffic throughout the whole drive. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get through it- and with 6 little ones in the car and no place to go potty- it makes for one. long. drive.
The bear cubs were so cute! I was also thinking that there would only be 5 or so bears in there but there were at least 50 (my bro thought it was over kill).
We made our usual rounds- Dinosaur Park and Storybook Island- Josh refused to go to Mt Rushmore again though.
My brother introduced us to Fuddruckers (a hamburger place) and it was super yum!!! He also introduced us to watering our plants- which I have been very good about since he left. My sis in law introduced us to grilling pizzas which I think couldn't be more genious in the summer- we have already made them twice since they left a week ago :).
My kids loved baby Anna and would smother her all the time. They continue to talk about her and how much they like babies and even wanted our friend to name their new baby "Anna".
Isn't he the cutest little thing?!
How fun is that?! We really enjoyed the visit and hope they will come back again even though the circumstances could have been better.
ps after over two weeks Josh fixed our fridge today :). We just had to get the right repairman to know what to diagnose and we ordered the part and Josh installed it. Can I just tell you how nice it is to have a working fridge? Now if only we could get the part in for the air conditioner...
4 comments:
Now its time for another visit! :) I'm glad you guys had a good time! It looked and sounded like you guys did! Great Job on the fridge being fixed!! Oh and Mary has never even told me anything about grilling a pizza... I never knew you could!
What a fun visit. No AC? I would have stayed in a hotel thank you very much. =o) They WERE troopers! I am glad you guys had a great time. I can't wait to see the boys and Anna. We are going to be in Utah the second week of August and we are making a trip up to Idaho to see Mary, Robert and the kids. Can't wait!
What are you talking about troopers?! We had a blast! I told Bob that I was so sad when we left. You guys are so much fun and we loved every minute! Hope you don't mind if we come again:)
I have always wondered about Bear country. It is good to know that you actually see bear there. We love Fuddruckers. That is one of the only places that we go to eat here. I love their chicken sandwich. We will have to go with you guys sometime.
Post a Comment