Sunday, July 24, 2011

Family Day :)

Josh has been pretty busy with his church responsibilities lately and it feels like we haven't had a full Saturday with him for a while. The other day he lets me know he didn't have anything going on Saturday and we should go do something. So we did.

We went to the Park/Ranger station and had them tell us of a family friendly hike and picnic area where we could go. They delivered. They told us about a very flat easy hike along a river that was absolutely gorgeous. The kids also scored a "slap" bracelet from them by pointing out who Smoky Bear was. (I think that bracelet made their day)

It only took between 20-30 min to get to this place so I was already a fan. At first the kids were loving the hike letting us know how much they liked hiking. But on the way back our sweet Court was not a big fan of hiking :). She let everything within a grand distance know that she was tired. After a little bit of the whining I got the brilliant idea to tell her she needed to be quiet or the mountain lions might hear her and come out. It quieted her down for a bit and she would complain in a whisper. Hilarious.

This lovely creature greeted Josh at the beginning of the hike and got very defensive when Josh let out a yelp. I'm glad Josh was the greeter :).




The bridges intimidated me just a little (or maybe a lot) but Cambry and Isaac loved going across them alone. Don't mind Josh's eyes being closed or his picnic shirt for that matter. Most of the pictures didn't turn out and since this is my blog I get to choose which pictures get posted and mine were definitely not getting posted. You can kinda see the kids bracelets in the last picture. They were very handy when straightened to move away the long grass from out of the kids way (or so they thought).

After the hike we headed out for a picnic and then got the kids an ice cream. Josh took me out on a date to end the day.

I love family time!! It was so much fun to spend all day together. Good times.

2 comments:

Downtown Browns said...

What the heck was that thing. Mom asked if I saw your blog and I said no; she told me the story and that a fish-like thing with claws got a little crazy. I didn't believe it... What a weird thing. Anyways, I'm glad that you had a great family day!:)

Mary said...

How fun! Weird little creature...scary! Miss you guys!