This past week we have had lots of "firsts". To start the week off, Josh talked to his first endodontist about a potential JOB!! It is obviously not set or anything but it has eased Josh's fears alot about being able to find a job.
Isaac had a couple things he learned this week, the first being he finally learned to swing by himself- cambry learned last week so now I am down to only having to push two kids! The next thing Isaac learned was to read! It was a bit of a shock since we haven't even been practicing. I guess you could say he taught himself. I was watching cambry do her math homework and I had copied down a list of cambrys spelling words for Isaac to write down (he likes to do "homework") and the next thing I know he says, "this says 'sick'." so I look over to see what he is talking about and he points to one of the words. He then proceeds to sound out and read other words on the list. Crazy. The last few days we have worked on lots of words and he is doing awesome. I even say a word to him and he will sound it out and spell it. He so didn't take after me!
Courtney has been potty trained for a few weeks now and Thursday she decided she didn't want to use the little potty anymore- perfect timing for my next big news- Callie told me she didn't want to wear diapers anymore!!!!! So Thursday I started the potty training process over again (sooo glad this is my last). She is quite the opposite of our other 3. They have all had trouble pooping after starting to potty train- not Callie- that part is a piece of cake- she has a hard time peeing. She loves wearing panties but won't pee. She holds it for many hours. Friday night she went potty at six at night and didn't go again till 8:30 am Saturday. Then she held it till 6 pm after having at least 30 ozs in her- but she only went a little bit so I was getting a little concerned and was thinking I better get this girl to go- so I got a warm glass of water and stuck her hand in it and she instantly relaxed. She told me she liked the water and about 10 min later let it all out. Huge relief! So the moral of the story is warm cups of water really help a stubborn two year old pee!
It has been exciting having my youngsters "growing up". It is crazy not to have to change diapers or entertain the kids all day long- they split up and go play and sometimes I don't see them for a while. I love having a little bit of time to myself!
Well that's about all for this update.
3 comments:
How exciting Amy! That's awesome about Isaac..what a little stud. I'm so excited for you that Callie and Courtney are potty trained! Hooray! YOu're amazing!!! We love you and miss you!
Warm glasses of water work for me too!:) J/k. I am glad she went to the bathroom. She must having gotten the stubborn personality from JOSH!!!! Next post I want pictures. I know it's difficult without having the internet but upload pictures from the phone. Hopefully the potential job is in IDaho!
Amy, first that is AWESOME about Issac. We are so impressed. And second, who knew the warm water trick ACTUALLY worked! Great story.
Post a Comment