So I thought I would update this blog and fill everyone in on our summer vacation. We have technically been home now for at least 3 weeks but life has been pretty busy. We made the drive out to Idaho the middle of July and I was a little concerned that the long drive was not going to be worth it. I can now say that it was so worth it. We had a blast and the kids LOVED being able to hang out with their cousins everyday. It made for a pretty sweet summer for me having the kids entertained. We were able to see some friends from Omaha that moved to Rupert (Elise your house was very cute and I may steal some ideas if I ever get to have a house built). We also got to see the luekengas who were there from AZ and the Shaws that were moving to MT. We had a lot of fun catching up with them and seeing their cute kids again. One of my other good friends from Omaha was also able to make the trip to ID while we were there.
Cambry and Isaac were able to take swim lessons with a few of their cousins which Isaac thought was the coolest thing. I loved having my sisters and sister in law right down the street so we could hang out all the time.
Towards the end of the trip my family threw me a little birthday party since I never am with everyone on my birthday anymore. My in-laws were able to make it as well. We had it at a splash park in Rexburg so all the grandkids were entertained. It was so much fun and I felt very loved. We were sad to leave but it was nice having Josh back with us.
Cambry started first grade and loves it. I think it was more of an adjustment for me to have her gone all day. She thought it was because I was going to miss her doing everything for me.
Isaac is liking this new schedule I think because he gets me all to himself while Callie and Courtney are napping. He finally gets the attention he has missed out on since the twins were born.
As for Callie and Courtney I started potty training a couple weeks ago and now have court pretty much done. Callie is courtney's biggest fan and gets so excited that she is wearing panties but hasn't gotten over her laziness yet. We shall see.
Hopefully one of these days I will be able to post some pictures of the summer.
We are looking forward to this new school year since it is Josh's LAST. He is currently looking for a JOB!!! If anyone knows of an area in need of an Endodontist-let us know! We are hoping to be closer to family in the ID area but we shall see! Very exciting.
5 comments:
IDAHO!!! We had such a WONDERFUL summer with you here in Idaho too! I'm still praying every night for Idaho. But we'll see what is best for you guys and what the Lord has in store for you. (Hopefully Idaho) (Do you think I want you to move to Idaho?!?!?!:) I said Idaho like 6 times in this post....subliminal messages.....:) Idaho Idaho Idaho Idaho.... Ok I'm done! Love you!!!:)
I'm glad you guys got to stay out there for so long and we were able to see you too. Your kids are adorable and I can't believe how big they have gotten. Hope you find a job in Cali!! Then we can hang out! =o)
I'm so impressed about your potty-training skills. Bobby has regressed, but I think I'm gonna hit it hard again after we get back from California in October.
You guys better move out here...you're too cute to live so far away!
Sounds like you guys had a fun trip. I can't wait to see pictures of it!
Im glad that you had a good vacation and a safe drive. It was SO good to see you. I can't believe that you are potty training the twins! No more in diapers WOW!!
Post a Comment