Saturday, December 20, 2008

This day seven years ago...


Happy Anniversary to my Joshy! I couldn't be happier or more blessed to be sealed to my Joshy for eternity! Our anniversary couldn't have fallen on a more perfect day this year. Josh is gone 6 days a week and we hardly see each other but since our anniversary is on Sunday, we have all day together! Yea! Isaac and Cambry were very cute and made "breakfast" in bed. They got it ready last night and put a juice box on a cookie sheet with 2 paper plates and then this morning peeled 2 clementines for us. So sweet. They were very excited about it and then after they were done Isaac climbed in his bed cause it was his anniversary. Kids are so darn cute!

The Story

June 2001... I had just finished a weeks vacation in California between summer terms at Ricks College. I was going to be "graduating" from Ricks in 5 weeks and my sister Ali who was 16 at the time was going to be spending the summer term with me to get away from California. It was going to be a great 5 weeks and Ali and I were going to bond and have fun and just hang out. We had it all planned out. Sunday, the day after getting back to Idaho, I notice a new guy in the ward who was pretty cute. I got to check him out cause he had to give a prayer. The wheels in my head started turning... In priesthood my dad introduced himself and told everyone he had just brought his two daughters from California for the term. Apparently the new guy had noticed me as well and under his breath said "Thank You!" That night we went to ward prayer and there happened to be an open seat next to me. The new guy came and sat in it. (He claims it was the only spot). After talking for a few minutes and me telling him he smelled nice (he had doused himself with cologne but he said it was the dirt and wind mix from riding his friends ghetto scooter) we planned to meet up a little while after ward prayer so I could go for a ride. He was fresh off the mission (maybe a month) and he was a local boy. He was a very nice guy and had a cute laugh. Anyway that night my sister called my parents and told them I had already ditched her. She was very concerned about being there from that moment on. I on the other hand was instantly smitten and couldn't eat anything I was so in love. By Thursday I had dropped 7 pounds. We saw each other pretty much every day. He asked me to be on his tennis team even though I wasn't very good. Okay, I sucked and he admitted to just wanting to be with me. I am sure it was hard for him since he is a pretty competitive guy and doesn't like to lose. He even came home early from a family vacation cause he missed me so much. (Remember it was only a 5 week summer term). I would come home from classes to find him waiting for me watching Simpsons with Ali. I didn't really know what love was so when he told me he loved me for the first time, I responded with "Have a good night". The summer term ended all too quickly and I didn't really know what was in store for me going back to California. Josh came down 2 weeks later and stayed for a week. I remember being really worried to see him cause I didn't know what it would be like after being apart for 2 weeks but the second I saw him everything was so natural and it just felt right. He also proposed during that time. So we were away from each other for the fall semester. He visited as often as he could but we mostly got to know each other through phone conversations. And in December we were sealed for time and eternity. One thing I can remember him doing is EVERY day he would say something he liked about me. It was very sweet. (I wonder what happened to that-I might have to remind him...) So that's it, our story. True love. And it also ends with and they lived happily ever after with their four crazy kiddos. :)

I love you my Joshy! Thank you for making me the happiest woman on Earth! You are the greatest-

9 comments:

Elder and Sister Lasher said...

It's funny that we are having the exact same weather that we had when you two were sealed 7 years ago! (15 degrees and snowy) The Temple President was so inspired when he said that you two were foreordained to be married! You two are awesome, and so are your precious, precious kids! We are so blessed to be your parents! We love you, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is so cute about cambry and isaac. i love it! Happy Anniversary!! You guys are so cute! Love you!

Downtown Browns said...

oh I remember that story like it was just yesterday. Five weeks with my sister, we were going to have SO MUCH FUN... I think I finished 20 novels during that 5 week period!:)
J/K I was very happy for you. Oh and that sunday night I said I think Amy found who she will marry!!!

Elder and Sister Lasher said...

Happy Anniversary Amy and Josh! I, too, remember that Priesthood Meeting where Josh first saw his future father-in-law! I could not have asked for a better eternal companion for my precious Amy! I wonder where the information went on the interview I had with Josh when he asked for your hand in marriage??? That was a classic line to get the conversation started between Josh and me .... soooo where will you be living next semester, Young Men's Housing or Married Housing???... Classic dad :)

Jessica said...

That's so interesting the way you met Josh. I met Adam much the same way. Ward prayer is awesome. :) Thanks for sharing that story.

Rachelle said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Its fun hearing the story of how you met. I think I remember that family vacation when Josh cut out early to see you! :)I love that Cambry and Isaac made you breakfast in bed, how cute is that!

Anonymous said...

I love your story! I had no idea how you guys met. I didn't know it all happened so quickly. You're adorable together. Congrats on seven years. It does fly by doesn't it? I can't believe that we've been married the same amount of time, but you guys have 3 more kids than us! We've got some catching up to do.

lacey said...

Happy Anniversary! Remember last year when we were both eating at the Olive Garden to celebrate! I was thinking about you again this year!

Jolisa said...

Hi Amy! I just shed a tear reading about you and Josh. How sweet. We miss you guys!