We took a trip down to Washington DC last week and had a very memorable day! On the way, we were rear ended and the back of the car got messed up pretty bad but the car was still driveable and every one was okay so we continued on our way. We went to the beautiful Washington DC temple first and Josh and I were able to do a session. The kids were very patient and enjoyed learning in the visitors center. The missionaries there were also very patient and helpful with the kids and let them watch a Joseph Smith cartoon. We then headed on through town to go to the Museum of Natural History. It was supposed to be about 20 min but took us over an hour to get there due to traffic and when we got there, there was no parking. I jumped out with Cambry and Isaac and ran in cause Isaac was very excited about the dinasaurs they had there. It was an awesome museum! The kids really enjoyed it but we were in a hurry since Josh was in the car with the babies. We got out just in time as the meter lady was going around giving tickets but Josh couldn't get the car to start. The battery had died! So I went and talked to the very rude ticket lady who thankfully did not give us a ticket, but would not help us jump the car. Thankfully we have roadside assistance and they were able to come within about a half hour. By that time it was rush hour traffic (I think it is always rush hour in DC though) and it ended up taking 4 hours to get home instead of the 2 1/2! By the end of the day though we were all grateful to be alive and well and we were very thankful we were able to make it to the temple!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
We took a trip down to Washington DC last week and had a very memorable day! On the way, we were rear ended and the back of the car got messed up pretty bad but the car was still driveable and every one was okay so we continued on our way. We went to the beautiful Washington DC temple first and Josh and I were able to do a session. The kids were very patient and enjoyed learning in the visitors center. The missionaries there were also very patient and helpful with the kids and let them watch a Joseph Smith cartoon. We then headed on through town to go to the Museum of Natural History. It was supposed to be about 20 min but took us over an hour to get there due to traffic and when we got there, there was no parking. I jumped out with Cambry and Isaac and ran in cause Isaac was very excited about the dinasaurs they had there. It was an awesome museum! The kids really enjoyed it but we were in a hurry since Josh was in the car with the babies. We got out just in time as the meter lady was going around giving tickets but Josh couldn't get the car to start. The battery had died! So I went and talked to the very rude ticket lady who thankfully did not give us a ticket, but would not help us jump the car. Thankfully we have roadside assistance and they were able to come within about a half hour. By that time it was rush hour traffic (I think it is always rush hour in DC though) and it ended up taking 4 hours to get home instead of the 2 1/2! By the end of the day though we were all grateful to be alive and well and we were very thankful we were able to make it to the temple!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a fun and exciting trip! The DC temple is so beautiful-I am totally jealous. I can't believe Cambry started school! She is so grown up. Olivia started preschool yesterday too! We miss you guys! I hope this doesn't post twice-I left a comment before and it said there was a duplication error. So if there are two sorry:(
Post a Comment