Thursday, December 13, 2012

Playing Catch-up

Why oh why do I wait so long between posts?! Oh yea- it's because life is CrAzY busy :). In the middle of November Josh's bro and his family were able to come visit us for a few days. Josh's parents came during that weekend also and Josh's bro who lives a few min from us was also here. It was fun to have lots of family come and entertain us. That weekend I was also sustained as 1st counselor in the YW. I was enjoying my break of no calling but it feels good to get back in and serve. After Josh's family left, the kids and I headed to Idaho early for Thanksgiving. Josh stayed back to go to the Transsyberian Orchestra Concert- which he said was awesome. We enjoyed our Thanksgiving break and spending time with family (and of course the shopping)! Isaac turned 8 on the 28th and was so excited for his birthday. With everything going on I managed to throw a late night party for him-- easiest, most stress free party EVER!We had the boys make their own pizza, then they had a silly string fight in the back yard and then we turned on a movie for them and they played the rest of the time. Those 3 hours flew-unlike the girl parties that are an hour and a half and feel like 3 days!
We got Isaac a flying helicopter which he's gotten really good at controlling, he also got night vision goggles with a glowing football or something so you can play catch in the dark (Josh thought it would be cool, it must be a guy thing) along with the baptism presents like scriptures, case, markers and a journal. He is super excited to get baptized and loves carrying his scriptures around and of course marking them :).
The week before the party Josh and I along with Josh's bro and wife went to see The Forgotten Carols. It was amazing! I really enjoyed the songs and the power of the live performance. It was a fun date night :). I got pretty sick the day after the performance and was down for a couple days. I couldn't do anything and my throat was beyond swollen to the point where I couldn't talk or swallow without wanting to die. Thankfully that is over and I am back to normal now.
I swear I had memory loss after the sickness because I'm normally on top of things but one night at bedtime Cambry informed me that the next day was their Indian Pow-wow and they were supposed to dress like Indians. So the above picture is what I came up with from the scraps we had lying around. I think she looked pretty cute. Semi-indianish ;). We also were able to have Isaac be in his first Pinewood Derby last month. He was extremely excited about it. Our next door neighbors let us borrow the movie "Down and Derby". Hilarious and so so true. Isaac agreed with me that dad didn't let him do anything and Josh said "Yes I did, I let him sand down the car". The end result was that Isaac came in first place! Crazy ;). Hopefully he doesn't think he will win all of them and won't be disappointed when he loses! He was so cute to watch when his car would win. And we had to have a chat with him when awards were given out and the boy sitting next to us got the award for best looking car and Isaac says loudly, "well at least I won first Place!" Silly kids.
Josh woke up the next day and was very proud of his accomplishment. I can't believe I almost forgot to mention this last thing. Total blog worthy: I purchased my first pair of skinny jeans! Now I am so hip ;). And did you know, you don't even have to be skinny to wear them!! (Thankfully) :)

No comments: