Monday, February 21, 2011

Secrets/Denver/Our FIRST Visitors!!

I have been pretty good about posting often- before 2 weeks ago. Then I heard a really big Secret and I was afraid I was going to let it out so I couldn't blog for a little bit. But now the secret is out so.... I'm Back :)

We headed down to Denver for the weekend a couple weeks ago. Josh had the urgency to go to the temple and he was wanting to play with his brother. Since they are both in Denver, we killed two birds with one stone. They are so great to watch our kids for us while we go through a session and then we play for the rest of the weekend. My kids always enjoy going down to play with cousins and also their dog Roxy.





Unfortunately, I only took pictures of the kids sledding and forgot the camera the rest of the time.

Due to our "Secret" we were able to have some visitors this past week. It took a big event to get them out here but we are grateful they were able to come and spend the week with us. We had quite the week and it was good to have my parents and sister Ali and her kids come. The beginning of the week we had weather in the high 60s so we had the kids play outside pretty much all day. It was pretty awesome. My sister also brought her 2 month old. He is the sweetest little thing and he and I got to do a lot of cuddling. It was fun having little ones in the house again. I don't realize how much less my kids need now that they are getting older. But for all those who are thinking I might want another one- you couldn't be more wrong:). My sisters are welcome any (and I mean any) time they want with their cute little babies but it is sooooooooooooooooooooooo nice to give them back at night. :) :).












This is Maddie and Callie at the end of the week. They were so exhausted and slept like this for quite a while.


My dad was a big help and watched the kids a lot so us girls could go shopping. The kids enjoyed playing monster with Grandpa (except the times I am pretty sure they almost wet themselves. I had to make sure they would go to the bathroom before grandpa scared them-after those times they always ended the game on Grandpas team)


Action shot of Courtney running from grandpa

I am pretty sure I did no housework for the whole week. My mom took care of it all and told me to take advantage of having her there. Thanks mom :)

The reason that my family came out this past week is because we had a few changes made in our ward and Josh was asked to be the Bishop. My dad took the week off so that he could come out and ordain Josh a High Priest since Josh's parents are on a mission in Austria. We are very grateful for them making that effort and we missed having Gene and Jill there.
Josh is going to do great.
Hopefully I can follow in his footsteps...

And now to start a whole new routine. :)

7 comments:

Gene and Jill Jeppson said...

We also missed not being there but are grateful for his opportunity.

Elise said...

WOW!! I'll bet you will be making alot more trips to Denver. :) That is awesome Josh and family-good luck with everything.

Joe said...

That's exciting! Now you won't have to worry about what to do with your free time now that you're out of dental school Josh:). Congratulations on getting your visitors Amy. I looked at mapquest and saw that we are 20 hours away so we probably won't be your next visitors...That's too bad we live so far apart:( Good luck with everything!

Idaho Sathre's said...

Sounds like you had a great week! I think we are trying to come in june... we'll see. ;o) I love you!

Downtown Browns said...

It was such a fun week! I'm glad we made the trip... I don't think I'll travel during the winter months anymore though!! Cody asked if we were going back there soon. Maddie asked where Callie and Courtney were... It is so cute. Next time we come I won't have a newborn with me!:)

Downtown Browns said...

Oh and thank you for everything!

Anonymous said...

Josh is going to be an incredible Bishop. It seems that Bishops are getting younger and younger these days. Sondra's husband was just called a few months ago. It's hard with young kids - you just need to remember that it's not forever .. and when Josh comes home from work in time to change and leave again .. you just tell him good bye and that you love him. =o) It'll make it easier for him to leave and do his job. (that's what my mom always said anyways) Good luck being a single mom for a while. Love the pictures with the cousins. Your dad is the best. What a fun grandpa!

It just goes to show you that all of this moving and buying your house was meant to be. Heavenly Father puts us where we need to be. =o)